Monday, May 18, 2009

The Media is Getting Dangerous


In case you care, my daughter is fine. Fever broke early this morning and after a couple hours of milking it with her father all is good. She is virtually back to normal.

Her father on the other hand is less than that. I spent some hours watching our vaunted news stations today/evening and I am just sickened by what I see and hear. The time we spend as viewers and literal pawns to these news(I have a hard time calling them this) shows is appalling. Sometimes I wonder if the viewers in our country who watch these self proclaimed experts spew their falsely important excitement about sideshow bullshit in our faces don't realize it's all just showmanship.

I sat in my living room and watched story after story that focused on politicians who lie, former presidents who tried too hard and the dumbest of all dumbest time spent on news, what a beauty pageant wanna be made comments about.

I'm not a moron. I know politicians lie. They do all the time. Often times the best ones are the politicians who lie and know how not to get caught. Believe me if being a teenager and being a politician were compatible, I'd be governor of Illinois(but then again, you don't even have to get elected to that post these days).

I think water-boarding those assholes to find Bin Laden is the least of my worries. If I were Bush I would've shot them in the balls to find out where that piece of garbage is hiding. Mess with us, we mess with you. This is just a way for people against the policies of our former president to get back at him. I say you're wasting your time on something that didn't even work. Bin Laden would be dead if the torture techniques had worked. And by the way, if Dick Cheney basically informed the president of his procedures what's the big deal. We as a people elected George Bush to 2, count 'em, 2 terms in office. Please, if we didn't think Cheney was making some major decisions I don't think Bush would've beat Gore. Gore's VP candidate was Lieberman. "Maybe we should torture them....oh maybe we shouldn't....crap I don't know." Yeah, that's what we all wanted. Look if Cheney was Gore's running mate it's a landslide. People in this country knew Cheney was a badass and would do what it took no matter what the cost.

By the way, he shot his friend in the face! The only question there was how dumb was his friend? You wouldn't catch me dead hunting with Dick Cheney....talk about your basic no-brainers.

Pelosi's a liar. She's busted. Let's move on. Make some other liar the speaker what's the difference. We've spent too much time already on this. She lied. Bush lied. Cheney lied. Clinton lied. Bush's dad lied. Kennedy lied. Truman lied. Good Lord they all freaking lie. I don't give a rat's ass. They are all a bunch of liars. I'd run for office but I'm not a good liar! I have some great ideas but the people want someone who lies to them. Let's stop crucifying these idiots when they get busted for lying. We are spending too much energy on it.

Crap, we vote for who can lie the best. Obama lied. McCain lied. They all lie!

The country is in turmoil. The news tonite spent more time on a beauty pageant contestant who made a comment that people responded to negatively. I can't believe I'm giving this space on my blog but I'll make it quick. WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT A BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTESTANT SPEAKS ABOUT? I SAY AGAIN. THIS IS A BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTESTANT. Is this what it has come to?

If my 5 year old daughter says she likes dogs better than gays, is she going to appear on Keith Olberman's show tonite?

Let me make this simple.

This country needs jobs.

We need to find a way to get the money out of the greedy corporate leaders who won't share and into the economy. There is no trickle down anymore.

If you want to know a little insight to the news stations you are watching, take notice of the commercials they run. GE/NBC runs spots for insurance companies. FOX runs commercials for GE. They are all in this together. They are playing us like pawns on a chess board.....useless but serving a purpose.

These news stations have taken over our coverage of what is important in this country. So much so, that the Republican party is scrambling to stay afloat(if you won't admit it, you're not paying attention). We as a country need the GOP. We need both parties to keep us going. What we don't need is a smokescreen of nonsense getting us fired up over issues that are smaller than the overall scope of destruction.

Not one station tonite(I watch them all....I am not partisan....basically because I don't trust any of them) discussed the country's need for work and how any actions were helping it happen quicker.

I can't help but think one of the reasons this is not being discussed by these pompous, arrogant windbags is that they have jobs. They're getting paychecks.

Unfortunately, the poor saps watching this unimpressive dribble of news aren't!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tommy, I came across your blog at Peggy's Facebook. She and I have been friends since high school. Props on your work here. I have enjoyed your writing. You can find me at robcoble.blogspot.com

    Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you along...as they say, any friend of Peggy's...well is a friend of Peggy's and feels for me!

    Thanks for commenting.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ,
    "You hear that giant sucking sound? That is your jobs going to Mexico." Ross Perot from back in the day. He called it. You want jobs here? Tariff and tax the hell out of imports and make American companies produce goods here. As long as we can get cheap goods from China, Mexico, India, etc. we will continue to lose jobs. Remember when made in China and made in Japan meant that the products were for shit? Brother, we are getting old. Starting to sound like JJ and Bernie! LMFAO

    ReplyDelete