Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gotta Feel Bad for the Blackhawk Fans


Wins are wins. Especially when you are the reigning Stanley Cup Champions. The only win that really matters is the win in which each and every player on your team gets a chance to skate around the ice holding Lord Stanley's Cup high over his head.

That is why I didn't get over exuberant at my friend's house(because once again I don't have Versus and must pawn off my friends to see the hockey playoffs) when the Red Wings won in overtime tonite. It was a good, hard fought win.

It takes four games to win a series. The next two are in Chicago and believe me these freaking nuts in this town will be screaming until the rafters come down in support of their team.

This is a great series for the Blackhawks. Their young players can learn so much from the Red Wings' grit and fire to win.

Unfortunately for all my neighbors and local friends this series is all but over....oh yeah my loving wife too! "Sorry Honey, we got ya."

I am surrounded by Blackhawk fans. They are so fired up for their young upstart team. I have been as humble as possible.

Now, leading 2 games to none, if the Red Wings can steal a victory in Chicago this upcoming weekend, they will be able to seal the deal at home in game 5 at Joe Louis Arena(as I predicted before the series.....but my Blackhawk fan friends will never admit it).

I feel bad for my Blackhawk fan friends. Really. My favorite Chicago team is the Hawks. I'm a hockey fan. They're an original six team. How could I not be? But when they play the Wings, all bets are off. But this series looks to be over.

The only way the Hawks could get back in it would be if the Red Wings started taking them for granted......kinda like I am right now. But their coach will never let that happen. He's the only coach in the NHL that could follow Scottie Bowman as coach of the Red Wings. Mike Babcock is that good!

There are still two games left for the Wings to win before the series is concluded. But living in the Chicago area, I couldn't be more excited for the competitiveness of the rest of the games in this series and I am rooting for it.

After all, these are the games of our series and dammit we're gonna enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff buddy! The Hawks will win the cup this year.


    http://serritella17.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete