Sunday, June 7, 2009

High Five For Emily!

One of the wildest things that happens in my life is the young people who I have seen born into this world do really incredible shit.

My niece just graduated from high school yesterday. I'm over 300 miles away and couldn't be there. This hurts me in a big way.

My niece is a strong young woman and the fact her Uncle Tom wasn't there for graduation probably didn't effect her too much. But it did me. I love this girl. I have watched her grow into the young, strong and proud woman she has become all these years. It makes me proud to be her uncle.

The fact is, I'm far away and I can't make it to every event in my niece's life. But that sucks for me and for her too(I hope).

But the bottom line is...I'm so very proud of Emily and I'm excited to experience the growth of the woman she will become(despite the influence of her mother, no offense Peg)......and hopefully I'll get to have some influence in there as well.

It truly is amazing to share the lifetime of young people. They grow in front of your eyes and become adults. My niece is an amazing young woman and I wish nothing but the best for her.

Congrats Em! Now the hard part starts. You get to start figuring out why!

1 comment:

  1. You guys were sorely missed at Em's graduation.

    As to your comments about Emily's growth despite her mother's influence...

    She's a conservative through and through, God bless her heart!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete